D TO R - GEAR BOX

All Jaguar XE related discussions
A.Desinformation

D TO R - GEAR BOX

Post by A.Desinformation » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:50 pm

Hi everybody,

While I was driving my XE today, the person sitting next to me made a mistake and switch the gear D to R mode (approximately it was 20-25km/h, on the straight road). Instantly the R light started flashing but no backward; moreover, it felt like on neutral mode/ and I took N and than stopped it instantly.

I heard no sound from the gear or but only thing i realized car was on the Neutral mode like.

All in all, should i go to the service?

P.s: friend is a mercedes owner and he estimated that it was a volume control, lol.

Yours,

A.Desinformation
Last edited by A.Desinformation on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaguar XE 2.0-180-D R-SPORT Ultimate Black MY-17

capese21

Re: D TO R - GEAR BOX

Post by capese21 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:04 pm

I doubt anything will be damaged. The gearbox ECU would prevent R engaging. If it drives as normal then no issue with it imho. :D

A.Desinformation

Post by A.Desinformation » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:26 pm

I hope so.

It felt like XE's automatic transmission did not even hesistate or doubted to shift to R while was in D mode. As i mentioned above, it was like stay in N'eutral mode.

But you know, this is the first time such a thing happened and I want to make sure.

Maybe i am too worrywart and my question could be way absurd to talk on it. On the other hand, money is not getting easy 'at least it is for me'.

Thank you for your reply, btw.

capese21

Post by capese21 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:32 pm

But you know, this is the first time such a thing happened and I want to make sure.
To make sure then take it to your dealer and ask them to check it. I am not an expert I make sauasages for a living. :o

A.Desinformation

Post by A.Desinformation » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:05 am

I make sauasages for a living. :o
[/quote]

Yeah... Sausages for everyone, yey.

Anyway, big thanks.

Yours,

A.Desinformation

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”