Any Formula 1 fans here?

The place to discuss everything else..
morini

Any Formula 1 fans here?

Post by morini » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:58 am

I checked with the site admin that it was ok to post this, so it’s not blatant spam, honest 😉 (just a bit of opportunistic promotion).

I maintain another online forum for F1 enthusiasts and (as this is a car site) I thought there may be a few people on here who might be interested. It is fairly new as we have only been running around a year and we have a core membership who are quite active. There are usually good conversations (read arguments 😉) to be had, normally good natured but sometimes heated. What is it about F1 enthusiasts that makes them more opinionated than most? The site caters for all, from the technically obsessed to the casual fan. We are a friendly bunch, the place is very relaxed and (currently) ad free. I have vowed to try and keep it that way as long as I can.

https://f1banter.co.uk

Please feel free to drop in and take a look around. Members from here would be most welcome to join us.
MY2019 Jaguar XE 250 R-Sport - Fuji white, Pro Navigation Pack with Meridian™ Sound System (380W), Parking Pack, Adaptive Dynamics

Mikeyjd

Re: Any Formula 1 fans here?

Post by Mikeyjd » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:40 pm

I am a keen F1 fan. Been watching since the 80's. I have been to races in Britain, Spain, Canada and Austria. Fortunately my other half shares my interest, so we can go for a nice holiday and take in a race too. I frequently meet people who are on their own because their other half doesn't share their interest.

I used to follow Jordan in the past. I had the opportunity to visit their factory at Silverstone and meet various team members on a few occasions. I even sat in Eddie Jordan's seat in his office. I have a few car parts and other memorabilia. Rear wing from an EJ14. Set of gears. Plus a few other bits and pieces.

I also have rear slick tyre used by Ferrari at Monza in 1994. (quite rare now as tyres are not passed on anymore).
2018MY R Sport. 240bhp AWD. - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, plus loads of extras.

morini

Post by morini » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:50 pm

Mikeyjd wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:40 pm
I am a keen F1 fan. Been watching since the 80's. I have been to races in Britain, Spain, Canada and Austria. Fortunately my other half shares my interest, so we can go for a nice holiday and take in a race too. I frequently meet people who are on their own because their other half doesn't share their interest.

I used to follow Jordan in the past. I had the opportunity to visit their factory at Silverstone and meet various team members on a few occasions. I even sat in Eddie Jordan's seat in his office. I have a few car parts and other memorabilia. Rear wing from an EJ14. Set of gears. Plus a few other bits and pieces.

I also have rear slick tyre used by Ferrari at Monza in 1994. (quite rare now as tyres are not passed on anymore).
Fantastic stuff Mikey!

I'm getting very excited as we are off to Japan two weeks tomorrow for the race at Suzuka the following weekend. It's a race I've always wanted to go to so we treated ourselves for our 30th wedding anniversary. The wife isn't a massive fan, but she has always wanted to visit Japan (so it's a win / win). Went to the 2015 race in Austin for my 50th birthday and saw Hamilton win his third title.

You'd be very welcome on F1B :)
MY2019 Jaguar XE 250 R-Sport - Fuji white, Pro Navigation Pack with Meridian™ Sound System (380W), Parking Pack, Adaptive Dynamics

colonie

Post by colonie » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:45 pm

Over here! Super excited about Leclerc getting a chance at Ferrari. Would love to see a new driver in the top 3.

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:10 pm

There's another one here :D

I've never actually been to a Grand Prix, but I've been to several circuits, and even driven on (bits of) some of them...

The best fun was a trip to Belgium, with a couple of nights at a hotel in Spa. This was back in the day when about 2/3 of the circuit was still public roads, and I managed to cue up the CD player with a certain well-known Fleetwood Mac track, starting the instrumental break just as I drove onto the Track at La Source.

Changed down two gears, and I was about to floor it past the grandstands, when I checked my mirrors and saw the car behind me had "Polite" or something similar written on it.

I guess I'll never know now, if I could take Eau Rouge flat in a 2-litre petrol Vectra CDX :mrgreen:

A VRX8, on a Vauxhall track day at Donnington, that was definitely fun!

But I've been interested in F1 since I had a Matchbox Sharknose Ferrari, back when I was enthusing over the original broadcasts of Stingray :lol:
Waiting to retire, so I can buy a Portfolio 250, with all the toys I can sneak past SWMBO :lol:

morini

Post by morini » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:23 pm

Gojira wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:10 pm
But I've been interested in F1 since I had a Matchbox Sharknose Ferrari, back when I was enthusing over the original broadcasts of Stingray :lol:
I notice you signed up for an account on F1B. You are very welcome!

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:48 pm

morini wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:23 pm
Gojira wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:10 pm
I notice you signed up for an account on F1B. You are very welcome!
Yep, the image is a bit of a giveaway :lol:

Looks like an interesting balance - I'll have a longer look when I've taken SWMBO shopping....

Ah the joys of beng on holiday!
Waiting to retire, so I can buy a Portfolio 250, with all the toys I can sneak past SWMBO :lol:

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:07 pm

I'm still spitting blood over the announcement that C4 are only showing the Brit GP live next year.
All the rest are highlights only.
Unless you want to shell out around around £40 a month to get Sky plus the "Sports" add-on that will let you watch it live.
Extortion.
Well, Sky can **** off.
:D
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:40 pm

I've had strange looks before now when we've had a Sky rep trying to sign people up for Sky F1outside the supermaket next to my office...

"Are you interested in Sky F1?"

"Only if you can offer me a legitimate deal that doesn't involve giving money to Evil Uncle Rupert!"

"Who?"

followed by howls of derisive laughter from giant atomic lizard :twisted:

Prof Pat Pending

Post by Prof Pat Pending » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:00 pm

A fan 🤔
I certainly have more than a passing interest 🤪
Xe S 340 in Dark Sapphire with black pack and 19” Venoms
Black interior, Meridian sound system and head-up display

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”