Wipers on Remote Start

All Jaguar XE related discussions
KevinInSuffolkUK

Wipers on Remote Start

Post by KevinInSuffolkUK » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:26 am

With the summer rapidly receding, I have a question about the remote/timed start. Apologies if this has been asked already but I couldn't see anything related to this.

I'm looking forward to the luxury of having my XE warmed up on the cold winter mornings and I wondered if the climate remote start is sensible enough to disable the windscreen wipers when remote starting?

It would be disappointing to find my car all warmed up and ready to go, but the wiper blades ripped off because they were iced to the screen and I left them on auto.

Can anyone confirm please?
MY18, Narvic Black, Latte/Light Oyster, Prestige Auto Petrol 200PS
Parking Pack, 10way electric seats, 4 way lumbar, Gloss Figured Ebony Veneer, 40/20/40, premium mats

pauljobr

Re: Wipers on Remote Start

Post by pauljobr » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:32 am

Hi Kevin,
don't worry the wipers do not start when remote starting the car, well they don't on mine anyway MY16. In general nothing else starts until you enter the car and depress the brake pedal.
R-Sport 180 Auto, Ultimate Black, Jet / Light Oyster, Meridian Audio, Power Fold Mirrors, Satin Ash veneer, Radiance Alloys, Black Pack.

Phil

Post by Phil » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:01 am

Yep, they won't sweep until you get in and hit the brakes when the car wakes up. Still worth checking they aren't frozen to the screen before you get in though :)

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:49 am

All correct and with the heated screen it will also be a better defrost. Non heated screen will be best given the full 30 mins pre heated start. I must admit that even the side windows defrost if left long enough.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

KevinInSuffolkUK

Post by KevinInSuffolkUK » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:49 pm

Many thanks for your reassuring replies :)
MY18, Narvic Black, Latte/Light Oyster, Prestige Auto Petrol 200PS
Parking Pack, 10way electric seats, 4 way lumbar, Gloss Figured Ebony Veneer, 40/20/40, premium mats

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”