Vibration again

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
Madatter

Vibration again

Post by Madatter » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:26 am

She's been into Gordon Lamb for the vibration, fetched her back this morning and it's still vibrating.
They've checked the engine mounts and checked for fault codes. They did confirm the vibration and "carried out a dynamic air path setup process"
To be fair when I picked the car up the technician who drive the car out for me said he thought it was still vibrating but only slightly and the engine was cold but to bring it back if it is still there but they will need to have it for a few days.
As anyone had vibrations that wasn't the engine mounts?
XE 2.0TD MY16 ULTIMATE BLACK Prestige, Cold Climate Pack, Parking Pack, Pan Roof, Waste of Space WiFi. Extra Wheel in the boot. (And a towbar)

Vespa

Re: Vibration again

Post by Vespa » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:03 pm

I had vibrating in the first year I had the car and it was cold winter, so I put it down to the cold weather as it went away when warmed up. However this year it came back again with the engine warmed up and for just one trip. After that we had a long run of around 150 miles and it has not done it since. I just wonder if it is the DPF filter regeneration? If it doesn't complete it will try again until it does. The same sort of vibration was occasionally noticed in the VW Passat and that dealer said it was caused by the DPF regeneration. Mine was intermittant and cleared.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Madatter

Re: Vibration again

Post by Madatter » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:07 pm

Interesting thought, I'll take her a run down the M1 tomorrow.
XE 2.0TD MY16 ULTIMATE BLACK Prestige, Cold Climate Pack, Parking Pack, Pan Roof, Waste of Space WiFi. Extra Wheel in the boot. (And a towbar)

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”