bob mcn red 300 sport

Post pictures of your Jaguar XE here
User avatar
pauljobr
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:54 am
Location: Bedfordshire

Re: bob mcn red 300 sport

Post by pauljobr » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:46 pm

Hi Bob, it was nice to meet you and check your car over this morning at Gaydon. It certainly looks good.
R-Sport 300, Corris Grey, Jet / Light Oyster.

Previous: R-Sport 180 Auto, Ultimate Black.


User avatar
martind511
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:45 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: bob mcn red 300 sport

Post by martind511 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:09 pm

pauljobr wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:46 pm
Hi Bob, it was nice to meet you and check your car over this morning at Gaydon. It certainly looks good.
Likewise Bob - the bright red with the grey bodykit looks great.

Paul, we didn't get a chance to meet but we were parked more or less in front of you - it was good to see a number of different XEs, yours being the most unique I have ever seen.
MY 2019 Jaguar XE Landmark 25T - Santorini Black, Sunroof, 10 way electric seats, folding mirrors and split fold seats.
MY 2018 Jaguar XF Portfolio 20D Auto - Narvik Black, Tan interior, ventilated front seats, heated steering wheel (company car)


User avatar
ianp
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:10 am
Location: Bushey

Re: bob mcn red 300 sport

Post by ianp » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:29 pm

Officially envious. Does it have the active dashboard and were LED headlights an option?
MY2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250ps Caesium Blue, Oyster/Black leather, 825w Meridian, 11 inch InControl Pro, service plan, stop/start, 19" alloys, heated windscreen, cameras, winter pack and cruise.


User avatar
bob_mcn
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:31 am
Location: Near Chester, Cheshire, UK.

Re: bob mcn red 300 sport

Post by bob_mcn » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:45 pm

pauljobr wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:46 pm
Hi Bob, it was nice to meet you and check your car over this morning at Gaydon. It certainly looks good.
Great to meet you too, and your car looks even better in the flesh than in the photos, Did Not make motorcycle museum, went through wales on the way back, just for fun, sorry, ' clock up some miles' . :D
Bob McN.
Oct'16 to Oct'18: Caesium Blue, Portfolio 240, MY2017, selection of addons.
Oct'18 onwards : Caldera Red, XE 300 Sport, MY2019, bigger selection of addons
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6930&start=20#p77545


User avatar
bob_mcn
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:31 am
Location: Near Chester, Cheshire, UK.

Re: bob mcn red 300 sport

Post by bob_mcn » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:47 pm

martind511 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:09 pm
pauljobr wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:46 pm
Hi Bob, it was nice to meet you and check your car over this morning at Gaydon. It certainly looks good.
Likewise Bob - the bright red with the grey bodykit looks great.

Paul, we didn't get a chance to meet but we were parked more or less in front of you - it was good to see a number of different XEs, yours being the most unique I have ever seen.
Paul and i had a look over your 'landmark' earlier, looks awesome in 'All black' mode'. :D Just need a standing order for shampoos and polishes . :lol:
Bob McN.
Oct'16 to Oct'18: Caesium Blue, Portfolio 240, MY2017, selection of addons.
Oct'18 onwards : Caldera Red, XE 300 Sport, MY2019, bigger selection of addons
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6930&start=20#p77545


User avatar
bob_mcn
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:31 am
Location: Near Chester, Cheshire, UK.

Re: bob mcn red 300 sport

Post by bob_mcn » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:52 pm

ianp wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:29 pm
Officially envious. Does it have the active dashboard and were LED headlights an option?
Cheers. The Interactive display was part of the extra Pro Navigation pack, and the LED lighting is not an option, though there is nothing wrong with the xenons. :shock:
Bob McN.
Oct'16 to Oct'18: Caesium Blue, Portfolio 240, MY2017, selection of addons.
Oct'18 onwards : Caldera Red, XE 300 Sport, MY2019, bigger selection of addons
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6930&start=20#p77545


User avatar
bob_mcn
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:31 am
Location: Near Chester, Cheshire, UK.

Re: bob mcn red 300 sport

Post by bob_mcn » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:43 pm

Well now at 1300 miles (ish) and the car is brill, letting it rev out a bit now, WOW, performance is breathtaking in Sport/Dynamic mode, but it does take the MPG down to 18MPG :o when i start playing and enjoying it, though on balance its averaging about 29/31 MPG overall, so not too bad.

It does have a Jekyll and Hyde feel to it when switched from Normal to Dynamic though, :twisted: and the exhaust note deepens nicely when it revs out, :D and can be quite addictive. Not had any wheelspin at all, so the AWD is doing its bit nicely (no rear end stepping out), makes you just want to play. :roll: :lol:
Bob McN.
Oct'16 to Oct'18: Caesium Blue, Portfolio 240, MY2017, selection of addons.
Oct'18 onwards : Caldera Red, XE 300 Sport, MY2019, bigger selection of addons
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6930&start=20#p77545


mash101_98
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:36 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: bob mcn red 300 sport

Post by mash101_98 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:49 pm

bob_mcn wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:43 pm
Well now at 1300 miles (ish) and the car is brill, letting it rev out a bit now, WOW, performance is breathtaking in Sport/Dynamic mode, but it does take the MPG down to 18MPG :o when i start playing and enjoying it, though on balance its averaging about 29/31 MPG overall, so not too bad.

It does have a Jekyll and Hyde feel to it when switched from Normal to Dynamic though, :twisted: and the exhaust note deepens nicely when it revs out, :D and can be quite addictive. Not had any wheelspin at all, so the AWD is doing its bit nicely (no rear end stepping out), makes you just want to play. :roll: :lol:
Grrrr it sounds awesome. I was quite tempted by the 300 engine, but think it’s probs too big a leap from my Fiesta :lol:
R-Sport, 250 PS Petrol in Santorini Black and a big :D !


User avatar
vitoman58
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:41 pm
Location: Beckenham, Kent

Re: bob mcn red 300 sport

Post by vitoman58 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:06 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Lovely car.
Steve
R-Sport 250ps, Firenze Red, Black Pack, 825w Meridian ICTP, Adaptive+Configurable Dynamics, IDD


bigmick777
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:26 pm

Re: bob mcn red 300 sport

Post by bigmick777 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:29 pm

bob_mcn wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:43 pm
Well now at 1300 miles (ish) and the car is brill, letting it rev out a bit now, WOW, performance is breathtaking in Sport/Dynamic mode, but it does take the MPG down to 18MPG :o when i start playing and enjoying it, though on balance its averaging about 29/31 MPG overall, so not too bad.

It does have a Jekyll and Hyde feel to it when switched from Normal to Dynamic though, :twisted: and the exhaust note deepens nicely when it revs out, :D and can be quite addictive. Not had any wheelspin at all, so the AWD is doing its bit nicely (no rear end stepping out), makes you just want to play. :roll: :lol:
Have you had any exhaust filter warnings? I moved from diesels to get away from DPF issues but they've only gone and out an exhaust filter which needs to regen on this!

Mine is an XF 300 sport. I've done 1800 miles some shirt journeys, round town, quite a few motorway miles.

So far I've had the amber warning on the dash 3 times saying exhaust filter needs to clean, and instructing me to drive below 50mph and gently for 15 minutes. I did this and it goes off, although on one occasion it went red as I didn't do the 15 minute drive straight away. And yes, you read it right, below 50mph. Think this is because above 50 or driving hard it gets too hot to clean!

I wouldn't expect it to come up so often though! Maybe I'm driving it too quick all the time! It is a car that encourages it, been impressed with the engine apart from this filter Thingy.


Post Reply

Return to “Members Gallery”