Jaguar XE Forum banner

bob mcn red 300 sport

18K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  bob_mcn 
#1 ·
Delivery and its final valet before pickup today. :D Bye to my 'old' 25T.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
bob_mcn said:
Been over to Matlock and back today, all A and B roads, up and down, twisty and damp, not a foot wrong, and it did 30.7 mpg, well chuffed. :D
And that is all that matters! Enjoy your awesome car, don't worry about insignificant minor niggles.

Love your car Bob, I'd have had red as well if the wife didn't stick her oar in ;)

#29 ·
A few more pics.

The Spec I went for..

Sliding panoramic roof
Memory Pack with Power Fold Mirrors for 14-Way Seats
Power Convenience Pack
Cold Climate Pack
Advanced Parking Assist Pack with Surround Camera
Pro Navigation Pack with Meridian Sound System
Adaptive Surface Response (AdSR)
Adaptive Dynamics
Configurable Dynamics
Reduced section alloy spare wheel
Air Quality Sensor
Blind Spot Monitor and Reverse Traffic Detection
Standard Mileage Service Plan, 5 year

And it comes with folding rear seats/privacy glass/19" wheels/ 380w touch pro as standard.

View attachment 6612
View attachment 6611
View attachment 6610

Attachments

#32 ·
pauljobr said:
Hi Bob, it was nice to meet you and check your car over this morning at Gaydon. It certainly looks good.
Likewise Bob - the bright red with the grey bodykit looks great.

Paul, we didn't get a chance to meet but we were parked more or less in front of you - it was good to see a number of different XEs, yours being the most unique I have ever seen.

#33 ·
Officially envious. Does it have the active dashboard and were LED headlights an option?

#34 ·
pauljobr said:
Hi Bob, it was nice to meet you and check your car over this morning at Gaydon. It certainly looks good.
Great to meet you too, and your car looks even better in the flesh than in the photos, Did Not make motorcycle museum, went through wales on the way back, just for fun, sorry, ' clock up some miles' . :D

#35 ·
martind511 said:
pauljobr said:
Likewise Bob - the bright red with the grey bodykit looks great.

Paul, we didn't get a chance to meet but we were parked more or less in front of you - it was good to see a number of different XEs, yours being the most unique I have ever seen.
Paul and i had a look over your 'landmark' earlier, looks awesome in 'All black' mode'. :D Just need a standing order for shampoos and polishes . :lol:

#36 ·
ianp said:
Officially envious. Does it have the active dashboard and were LED headlights an option?
Cheers. The Interactive display was part of the extra Pro Navigation pack, and the LED lighting is not an option, though there is nothing wrong with the xenons. :shock:

#37 ·
Well now at 1300 miles (ish) and the car is brill, letting it rev out a bit now, WOW, performance is breathtaking in Sport/Dynamic mode, but it does take the MPG down to 18MPG :eek: when i start playing and enjoying it, though on balance its averaging about 29/31 MPG overall, so not too bad.

It does have a Jekyll and Hyde feel to it when switched from Normal to Dynamic though, :twisted: and the exhaust note deepens nicely when it revs out, :D and can be quite addictive. Not had any wheelspin at all, so the AWD is doing its bit nicely (no rear end stepping out), makes you just want to play. :roll: :lol:

#38 ·
bob_mcn said:
Well now at 1300 miles (ish) and the car is brill, letting it rev out a bit now, WOW, performance is breathtaking in Sport/Dynamic mode, but it does take the MPG down to 18MPG :eek: when i start playing and enjoying it, though on balance its averaging about 29/31 MPG overall, so not too bad.

It does have a Jekyll and Hyde feel to it when switched from Normal to Dynamic though, :twisted: and the exhaust note deepens nicely when it revs out, :D and can be quite addictive. Not had any wheelspin at all, so the AWD is doing its bit nicely (no rear end stepping out), makes you just want to play. :roll: :lol:
Grrrr it sounds awesome. I was quite tempted by the 300 engine, but think it's probs too big a leap from my Fiesta :lol:

#40 ·
bob_mcn said:

Have you had any exhaust filter warnings? I moved from diesels to get away from DPF issues but they've only gone and out an exhaust filter which needs to regen on this!

Mine is an XF 300 sport. I've done 1800 miles some shirt journeys, round town, quite a few motorway miles.

So far I've had the amber warning on the dash 3 times saying exhaust filter needs to clean, and instructing me to drive below 50mph and gently for 15 minutes. I did this and it goes off, although on one occasion it went red as I didn't do the 15 minute drive straight away. And yes, you read it right, below 50mph. Think this is because above 50 or driving hard it gets too hot to clean!

I wouldn't expect it to come up so often though! Maybe I'm driving it too quick all the time! It is a car that encourages it, been impressed with the engine apart from this filter Thingy.

#41 ·
Nope, no filter warnings, maybe i drive too slow most of the time. :lol:

#42 ·
Nextbase 412gw dash cam fitted. was so easy using info from this forum :D , hardest bit was drilling a hole for a self tapping screw :cry: very careful and ever so gently :) .

#43 ·
Hi bob,
Lovely car you have, in your spec you stated that you gave a service/ maintenance plan?
Is this with the dealership or with jaguar?, and is it still available, hoping to have My xe. ( p250 s) by July, and would definitely purchase a service plan regards Mitch

#44 ·
The service plan is with a 3rd party company through Jaguar, my last XE it was with EMAC, i would imagine this one is as well, std mileage 5 year plan. I have no paperwork as it is on Jaguars electronic record system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.