iPhone cup holder dock

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
colonie

iPhone cup holder dock

Post by colonie » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:52 pm

Now that I got my Phase 4 Update on the ICTP i'm wondering how I can make it easier to use Car Play. Because I'm not in the mood plugging in the cable manually every time I get into my car. Also I don't want to have some sort of mount on the dashboard.
Today I stumbled across a mount, that fits inside the cup holder.
https://www.joli.design
I want to ask you if anyone already bought this? Can anyone tell me more about build quality and fitting etc?
Thank you.

col

PaulC

Re: iPhone cup holder dock

Post by PaulC » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:09 pm

My opinion is that looks horrible, looks like it'll put a lot of stress on the lightning connector too.

I also wonder where does it plug in? You're going to have a visible cable from the arm rest to the cup holder.

Personally I'd rig up my own under the arm rest... would be quite easy to mount a couple of plastic 'rails' (maybe custom 3d printed if you want to get fancy) in there you can slide your phone in to, then at the bottom have a magnetic lightning connector that engages when the phone is dropped in to the rails. Might end up doing something similar myself.

Mikeyjd

Post by Mikeyjd » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:29 am

Definitely looks like a bad idea to me. When you move, the phone will be shaking all over the place and put an awful lot of strain on the delicate connections. I would say it is a sure way to knacker up a phone.
2018MY R Sport. 240bhp AWD. - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, plus loads of extras.

XES Owner

Post by XES Owner » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:00 am

And surely good value at just over £32 :roll: :oops: :lol:

colonie

Post by colonie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:34 pm

I will be able to tell you more about it soon. Let's just hope you're wrong :D

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”