Another Jaguar remote question.

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Milfordman

Another Jaguar remote question.

Post by Milfordman » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:15 pm

Hi. Car is not two years old yet. Jaguar Remote packed up on 20/11/2018.

I've done everything I can think of to re enable it. It is showing fuel level and milage from the 20th. Clicking on beep and flash it says the car is asleep and will wake up next time I drive it but it doesn't.

I have tried to turn journeys on and off on the app but it won't connect to the car.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have drive a couple of miles and pressed the left button (jag assist) for 15 seconds.

All my journeys have gone off the website apart from the one journey I made when I picked the car up March 2017.

Any ideas?

Regards John
XE PRESTIGE 2.0 i4 200PS. British Racing Green, Latte Leather, Electric Seats, Folding Mirrors, Lumbar Support, Meridian 380W, Satin Burr Ash veneer, Folding Seats, 18" Alloy space saver spare wheel, Configurable mood lighting and Parking Pack.

Milfordman

Re: Another Jaguar remote question.

Post by Milfordman » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:06 pm

Does any body know if this is something the dealer can sort out?

This has not worked since the 20/11/2018.

Regards John
XE PRESTIGE 2.0 i4 200PS. British Racing Green, Latte Leather, Electric Seats, Folding Mirrors, Lumbar Support, Meridian 380W, Satin Burr Ash veneer, Folding Seats, 18" Alloy space saver spare wheel, Configurable mood lighting and Parking Pack.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:14 pm

If you have looked on the website as opposed to the phone app and there are no journeys logged then it looks like Jaguar has "forgotten" the car.
The pressing the roof button method works if the car is still connected but getting very slow recording journeys etc until it stops.

I have found that you need to press the button for more than 15 seconds though and had several failures until I got it right.
Press the button and hold it in until it goes from a rapid flash to a regular, slower flash.
Release the button but keep the car stationary with the engine running (to avoid shut-down if just ignition on) until the button stops flashing completely.
Go for a drive of a few miles to give the car a journey to record.

I think taking it to the dealer and having them check that it's still properly connected/registered might be the first port of call if the refreshing button method hasn't worked though.
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Milfordman

Post by Milfordman » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Thanks Phil. I will have another go. The first time I drove for over a mile pressed the button until it started to flash slowly. Then waited until it went blue but I turned the engine off without moving. This morning I pressed the button until the slow flash then drove ten miles. Perhaps it needs to be done exactly as you say.

Regards John

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:58 pm

I used a big pub car park about a mile away where I can get a very good mobile signal which is needed.
First time I drove off before it had stopped flashing and got a journey of sorts looking like a demented spider on crack had been running all over the car park.
:D
It can take quite a while (4-5 minutes in my case) for it to stop flashing completely though as it's making new friends with the Jaguar servers.
Hopefully it might sort things out.
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.

Milfordman

Post by Milfordman » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:02 pm

PhilB wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:58 pm
I used a big pub car park about a mile away where I can get a very good mobile signal which is needed.
First time I drove off before it had stopped flashing and got a journey of sorts looking like a demented spider on crack had been running all over the car park.
:D
It can take quite a while (4-5 minutes in my case) for it to stop flashing completely though as it's making new friends with the Jaguar servers.
Hopefully it might sort things out.
I will give it a go. thanks.

Regards John

Milfordman

Post by Milfordman » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:02 pm

I tried it today but no difference so far. It will be having its second service in January so I will ask them to take a look.

Regards John

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:46 pm

Milfordman wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:02 pm
I tried it today but no difference so far. It will be having its second service in January so I will ask them to take a look.

Regards John
Shame it didn't work.
It might need the dealer to re-authorise it at their end.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”