Recovery and extended warranty such as AA, RAC etc

The place to discuss everything else..
Vespa

Re: Recovery and extended warranty such as AA, RAC etc

Post by Vespa » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:48 am

To check the service history you can do so by this link ......... https://osh.jaguar.com/ To check any problems go to the dealer and ask if any items were done as some early cars had , top brake light water ingress, fuel misting on filling up (diesels) there were other minor issues that some had and others didn't. If you have just bought your car they should have given you a warranty anyway, unless you bought it from a general car sales outfit and then that may not be the case. If you are unsure about the car after checking the service history you could always buy a warranty from an insurance company yourself. Be warned that everything is covered except when you claim. :lol: Just be careful as many things are NOT covered. I have just had an insurance quote that includes the top RAC cover for £390 fully comp so the recovery side could be made cheaper combining your renewal for you mandatory insurance with breakdown cover. This quote also gives me slightly better cover for driving another car that is usually just 3rd party to fully comp as well.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:19 pm

Today I had an option to renew my Jaguar extended warranty :shock: Without Jag assist £740 with Jag assist £794 :shock: and the MOT cover is that I pay the 1st £50 of any claim :o So I will skip that now and pay as I go.
It is April 1st :lol: :lol:
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

bhavicp

Post by bhavicp » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:41 pm

I would definitely look at a bank option (we have nationwide flex current account) for breakdown insurance. For less than £13 a month you get full breakdown (including homestart iirc), mobile phone coverage (for the whole family - including loss/theft etc), full travel insurance for the whole family again and more.
MY19 250PS R-Sport in White

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:21 pm

Thank you for your reply. Moving on, I got the full RAC cover with my car insurance, which is full recovery Nationwide with car and passengers to chosen destination, Home start etc for £60 extra and they reduced my premium from last year by £20 without asking. I have put £200 a month away for any repairs and have added any unexpected things like premium bond wins. Just over £7000 now but that will also be used to buy fuel for hols and days out plus insurances and any repairs. Too much info but it shows how it soon builds up over a year.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”