Power loss

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
Cjwye

Power loss

Post by Cjwye » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:05 pm

Hi

Has anyone experienced a lack if power when putting foot down to accelerate?

I have a petrol 25T automatic.

Normally the drop down in gears is obvious and you get a real boost of power but this feels as if it is stuck in a high gear and will accelerate really slowly.

Turning ignition on and off clears the issue until it randomly happens again.

Service department say they can’t find anything wrong and have updated all the SW modules but it’s just happened again.

moose

Re: Power loss

Post by moose » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:32 pm

I have had the same on my 250 a couple of times, the last time was a couple of weeks ago.

When it has happened it is certainly stuck in a high gear and not changing down. I get over it by using the paddles to select a lower gear. Mine was checked and the software updated on it’s last service in December.

As it is so infrequent it does not really bother me as I know I can manually select a lower gear if I need it.

Bob
R Sport 240ps Bluefire with Templar wheels. Parking pack, blind spot monitor, heated windscreen, folding mirrors, splash guards, privacy glass.

Cjwye

Post by Cjwye » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:00 pm

Thanks. Never thought of using paddles.

It would be easier to diagnose if I knew what gear it was in but there is no indication of that.
I guess if I use the paddles it indicates this?

On another site someone else had this problem and they narrowed it down to a faulty turbo.

Mikeyjd

Post by Mikeyjd » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:55 pm

Cjwye wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:00 pm

It would be easier to diagnose if I knew what gear it was in but there is no indication of that.

On another site someone else had this problem and they narrowed it down to a faulty turbo.
If it was a faulty turbo, I would assume the gears should still drop when you floor the throttle.
2018MY R Sport. 250D AWD. - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, plus loads of extras.

martind511

Post by martind511 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:11 pm

Cjwye wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:05 pm
Hi

Has anyone experienced a lack if power when putting foot down to accelerate?

I have a petrol 25T automatic.

Normally the drop down in gears is obvious and you get a real boost of power but this feels as if it is stuck in a high gear and will accelerate really slowly.

Turning ignition on and off clears the issue until it randomly happens again.

Service department say they can’t find anything wrong and have updated all the SW modules but it’s just happened again.
Happened to us last weekend accelarating a hill - the gearbox suddenly sounded like a cvt box - lots revs but nothing happening. I assumed its because the car is still newish and still running in and it hasn’t happened since.
MY 2019 Jaguar XE Landmark 25T - Santorini Black, Sunroof, 10 way electric seats, folding mirrors and split fold seats.
MY 2018 Jaguar XF Portfolio 20D Auto - Narvik Black, Tan interior, ventilated front seats, heated steering wheel (company car)

appleybridger

Post by appleybridger » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:49 pm

Cjwye wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:00 pm

I have diesel auto. Whenever I use paddles it comes up on display as to which gear I am in.

Cjwye

Post by Cjwye » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:52 pm

Quick update

Service department kept hold of car and it happened to one of the guys when driving - thank goodness they now believe me 😂

They have replaced the fuel rail as they found a fault code to do with that.

All good so far.

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”