Michelin PS4s tyres

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Faults and Fixes
Deleted User 5127

Re: Michelin PS4s tyres

Post by Deleted User 5127 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:50 pm

PhilB wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:12 am
Beware the placebo effect of new tyres.
I dropped off my first one and drove away in the new one on the same make and size of tyre.
I thought how much quieter the tyres were and how supple the ride was.
Give it a few weeks and things were the same as the first !
Still very good though .
:D
Nope these have been amazing since day 5 (got to bed them in) and are still amazing.

User avatar
PhilB
Posts: 6657
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:57 pm
Location: South Buckinghamshire

Re: Michelin PS4s tyres

Post by PhilB » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:04 am

dolphinfreindly wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:50 pm
Nope these have been amazing since day 5 (got to bed them in) and are still amazing.
I think you missed my point and I'm sure the PS4s's are brilliant tyres.
I was commenting on the difference between tyres that are two years old with several thousand miles on them and a brand new set of the same tyre and the big difference you feel for the first week or two when you drive away your new XE.

If yours were or are "spinning up" then have you issues with traction control?
You haven't put details of your vehicle in your signature like the rest of us so it's hard to know what you are dealing with.
2019 Evoque P300 HSE, Carpathian Grey.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Deleted User 5127

Re: Michelin PS4s tyres

Post by Deleted User 5127 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:08 am

PhilB wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:04 am
dolphinfreindly wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:50 pm
Nope these have been amazing since day 5 (got to bed them in) and are still amazing.
I think you missed my point and I'm sure the PS4s's are brilliant tyres.
I was commenting on the difference between tyres that are two years old with several thousand miles on them and a brand new set of the same tyre and the big difference you feel for the first week or two when you drive away your new XE.

If yours were or are "spinning up" then have you issues with traction control?
You haven't put details of your vehicle in your signature like the rest of us so it's hard to know what you are dealing with.
No I didn't, I didn't miss your point at all, English is my first language and understanding (although not always using it) grammar is something I feel I am proficient at. The mps4s trees are fantastic, they have been on for approx 2k miles and perhaps you do tune in to the new 'noise' and forget the old, these tyres have been consistent in the way they hold the road since early days. I have no problem with traction control other than using poor or old tyres to put 335 supercharged horses through the rear tyres.
I don't think you realise just how patronising your responses come across.

User avatar
PhilB
Posts: 6657
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:57 pm
Location: South Buckinghamshire

Re: Michelin PS4s tyres

Post by PhilB » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:06 am

I never said the Michelins were anything other than fantastic.
I was merely pointing out to others in this thread my thoughts about new versus old tyres.
I wasn't being patronising at all but thanks for the sarcasm about English being your first language.
I have had both the 340Ps and 380Ps V6's and didn't have any issues with wheelspin and that was on the Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres so I was a bit curious as to why you were getting wheelspin.

How about completing your signature so we know which XE you have.
Thanks
2019 Evoque P300 HSE, Carpathian Grey.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

User avatar
julian
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:28 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Michelin PS4s tyres

Post by julian » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:11 am

Sorry PhilB, but I often have the same feeling as dolphinfreindly
MY20 P250 R-Dynamic White / Mars Red - Meridian Surround - Tech pack
MY17 180d auto R-Sport Odyssey Red ICTP - 40/20/40 - 14X14 - BSM - RC - XHL

User avatar
PhilB
Posts: 6657
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:57 pm
Location: South Buckinghamshire

Re: Michelin PS4s tyres

Post by PhilB » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:13 am

julian wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:11 am
Sorry PhilB, but I often have the same feeling as dolphinfreindly
What feeling is that?
2019 Evoque P300 HSE, Carpathian Grey.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

User avatar
julian
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:28 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Michelin PS4s tyres

Post by julian » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:14 am

Patronising
MY20 P250 R-Dynamic White / Mars Red - Meridian Surround - Tech pack
MY17 180d auto R-Sport Odyssey Red ICTP - 40/20/40 - 14X14 - BSM - RC - XHL

User avatar
PhilB
Posts: 6657
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:57 pm
Location: South Buckinghamshire

Re: Michelin PS4s tyres

Post by PhilB » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:17 am

julian wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:14 am
Patronising
Ok.
If I hear someone is having wheelspin with an XE then that is unusual.
I apologise for trying to help and see why.
Frankly, I am getting a bit fed up with some of the attitudes on here at the moment from a small minority, hence why I don't post as much as I used to.
I'll just do the moderation thing and let others sort out people's problems.
2019 Evoque P300 HSE, Carpathian Grey.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

User avatar
julian
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:28 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Michelin PS4s tyres

Post by julian » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:22 am

PhilB wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:17 am

Ok.
If I hear someone is having wheelspin with an XE then that is unusual.
I apologise for trying to help and see why.
Frankly, I am getting a bit fed up with some of the attitudes on here at the moment from a small minority, hence why I don't post as much as I used to.
I'll just do the moderation thing and let others sort out people's problems.
IMHO, that would be great !!!
MY20 P250 R-Dynamic White / Mars Red - Meridian Surround - Tech pack
MY17 180d auto R-Sport Odyssey Red ICTP - 40/20/40 - 14X14 - BSM - RC - XHL

User avatar
PhilB
Posts: 6657
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:57 pm
Location: South Buckinghamshire

Re: Michelin PS4s tyres

Post by PhilB » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:24 am

julian wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:22 am
PhilB wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:17 am

Ok.
If I hear someone is having wheelspin with an XE then that is unusual.
I apologise for trying to help and see why.
Frankly, I am getting a bit fed up with some of the attitudes on here at the moment from a small minority, hence why I don't post as much as I used to.
I'll just do the moderation thing and let others sort out people's problems.
IMHO, that would be great !!!
Thanks for the advice.
2019 Evoque P300 HSE, Carpathian Grey.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Post Reply