Fresh polish and wax

Post pictures of your Jaguar XE here
Langesliert

Re: Fresh polish and wax

Post by Langesliert » Tue May 07, 2019 12:46 pm

Zo hee, waar zit die wasstraat van jou?? ;-)
Looks shiney!
2015 XE Prestige diesel auto with 163 hp and colour Corris Grey

PFGMG

Post by PFGMG » Tue May 07, 2019 4:00 pm

RobertDriessen wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:05 pm
PFGMG wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:14 pm
Colt wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:01 pm
Wow. I say wow. Looks amazing. Can you come do mine. 😎
Hahaha, thank you! Would be a really nice drive to the Midlands though!
I must say that this was my first time polishing and waxing a car, and that I really took my time to go through all of the decontamination and polishing/ waxing steps.
You can do my car instead. So you don't have to cross the Channel, just drive along the A2 heading South :D
Perhaps some day at a Dutch XE meet we can talk about it XD
Langesliert wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:46 pm
Zo hee, waar zit die wasstraat van jou?? ;-)
Looks shiney!
Geen wasstraat, maar met een oprit in de schaduw komt men al ver!
Jaguar XE 20T prestige Santorini black
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5208
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7771

JRN60

Post by JRN60 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:27 am

The car looks great!

I have just bought a Santorini Black XE and would like to get mine looking like that!

It is 6 months old, ex-demonstrator with 2,000 miles on the clock and I love it but i'm unsure exactly how to prepare it properly..

Once I've done the washing with two buckets, microfibre mitten etc.

Should I clay bar it or is it too early in the cars life?

Should I then polish it using Turtle Wax black polish?

Should I then give it the Meguairs Hybrid Ceramic wax treatment by laying the foundation coat, wipe down, spray the wax again, rinse off and dry using a good micro fibre cloth?

My wife has a 17 year old metallic black fiesta which has been out in all weathers but has no rust and still sines up quite well using a sponge, one bucket and a chamois to finish. I have bought all the above ingredients and so intend to practice on the fiesta first!

I was unaware of all this detailing stuff and its only because a mate of mine, who has an 15 year old Focus ST with 15, 000 on the clock, told me all the things I could do I have developed an interest.

I'm pleased I can try it on the old Fiesta first but any advice would be greatly appreciated... I have watched loads of youtube videos but none of them match exactly my situation.

Cheers, John.
Jaguar XE P250 R-Dynamic SE - Santorini Black

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:35 am

Just don't do it on a sunny day. If you wash it and put a plastic bag over your hand then gently stroke the bonnet you will feel all the bit that are embedded in the paint from other vehicles. If it feels smooth just give it a polish for now. I bought a Farcela claying mitt to do mine and that is excellent for the novice.

JRN60

Post by JRN60 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:13 pm

Thanks for your advice and today I cleaned the Fiesta...

I was amazed how well the clay bar worked and how easy it was to do.... The 'trick' with the plastic bag was clever as well and the difference between touching the paint with my fingers was huge.. My XE did feel rough though and I will do that fully soon.

Going back to the Fiesta, after clay barring it, I polished using turtle wax black and finished off with the two coats of Meguairs Hybrid Wax.. It looked great for a fairly neglected 17 year old car (we have only had it for 5 years) and the bodywork really did feel like glass and there is even a reflection of me taking the picture...

I really enjoyed doing it all and now look forward to now doing my XE with confidence.

IMG_20200611_115220.jpg

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:52 am

A very tidy looking little car.

JRN60

Post by JRN60 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:08 pm

I gave the XE the full works yesterday and was really pleased
with the results..

My back and glutes were aching the morning from all the bending but well worth it.... If only I could get the b****y car to consistently play music from a USB I'd be even more happy!

IMG_20200613_130414_LI.jpg

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:18 pm

The music comes naturally from the lump under the bonnet. :lol: :lol: And yes the car looks superb. A great job well done and worth the aches and pains. :lol:

spritely

Post by spritely » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:34 pm

Ok you've got the job - pop round and do mine on Tuesday :D :lol: :lol:
Corris Grey 180D R sport - loving it.

UV Blue

Post by UV Blue » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:17 am

I have the Santorini Black - it's amazing the sparkling colours in the paint when up-close-and-personal, it seems to have all the colours of the rainbow, and yet it's black! Good job on the cleaning JRN60.
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics