Hi - new XE-S owner

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
Robertjp

Re: Hi - new XE-S owner

Post by Robertjp » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:42 pm

I went to Quantum Tuning in Alcester who Installed a 400bhp / 500 nm map, I went from 340 bhp .... so quite a big jump for me....

Took about 3 hours....they drive the car, take a data download, sent the file to have the fuel map modified and then once it is sent back they uploaded to my car.

Cost £400 so a no brainier really given it’s just the same tune as the higher powered XE that was released a year later!!! No mechanical differences...

And oh so worth it!!!!

rich_959

Post by rich_959 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:01 pm

How's it running? This Quantum tune is available close by, so I have been considering it.
XE S. Loire Blue. Lots of toys, but even more noise :D

Robertjp

Post by Robertjp » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:18 pm

rich_959 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:01 pm
How's it running? This Quantum tune is available close by, so I have been considering it.
I’m really happy!! It’s still just as lovely and smooth to drive “normally” but comes alive when you open her up.

I’m having to be a little careful about cruising speeds, it’s quite deceiving how quickly you can be “bumbling along” without trying 😳😳

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:57 am

Robertjp wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:18 pm
I’m having to be a little careful about cruising speeds, it’s quite deceiving how quickly you can be “bumbling along” without trying 😳😳
Ain't that the truth !!!
Especially on motorways, the perception of speed over actual can be very different.
Was it much of a hike with the insurance ??
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Robertjp

Post by Robertjp » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:19 am

My insurance is done through work .... so I couldn’t actually say!! All transparent with them and they were fine with this...fortunately 😎

rich_959

Post by rich_959 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:48 am

I'm in two minds whether to do a remap on my 340 S, or keep it for two years and then try and find one of the last 380 S with the right colour/spec, but that might be tricky in a years time.

May just be a good excuse to go to an XFR-S, but I do prefer the handling of the XE. I initially went looking for an XFR but came away with the XE S.
XE S. Loire Blue. Lots of toys, but even more noise :D

AndyS

Post by AndyS » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:43 pm

rich_959 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:48 am
I'm in two minds whether to do a remap on my 340 S, or keep it for two years and then try and find one of the last 380 S with the right colour/spec, but that might be tricky in a years time.

May just be a good excuse to go to an XFR-S, but I do prefer the handling of the XE. I initially went looking for an XFR but came away with the XE S.
I'm in the same boat as you. Either trade for a really nice 380 example, go for a XF-RS or hold out hope for a new XE with more than 4 cylinders
MY 17 XE S 340 Yulong White, Pan roof, 18 way seats, heated wheel, power folding mirrors, powered boot, split folding seats

Robertjp

Post by Robertjp » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:24 pm

rich_959 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:48 am

Ok not the same but I drove an XFS (d) and an XES back to back and the driving experience was quite different. Even with the same engine I would have chosen the XES, XES feel more like the saloon that can be a sports car, the XF just didn’t ... lovely car but just didn’t do it for me...

An XFR is a very different beast I suppose but out of my budget for a car still in warranty and the right age etc....

Why do you think getting a 380 XES will be tough in the future?

Robertjp

Post by Robertjp » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:27 pm

According to an inside source the V6 is pretty robust and a remap is quite low risk (reaching to touch wood as I write!). But why not have a remap done and see how you feel? It’s not a huge investment in the scheme of things and can be undone for no cost...

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:06 pm

Hi, well done. I dont think Venoms come in 20's but I might be wrong. We have the 19's on my wife's XE and to be honest I find the ride a little soft for my liking, though my car has 21's and I have grown accustomed to it. I suppose if yours has firmer suspension in dynamic, then 19's might be OK.

Personally before buying more OEM wheels, which feel like they are made out of lead, I would look at some flow forged wheels and michelins. I did that on my car and the improvement was really noticeable, with no noticeable impairment to comfort notwithstanding going from 19's to 21's.
2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR
Coming - 2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements

Return to “Introductions”