Ordered a facelift XE P250

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
Incarniac

Ordered a facelift XE P250

Post by Incarniac » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:01 pm

Greetings all,

So today, after much deliberation and consideration (and a few test drives of both the XE petrol and diesel as well as the Alfa Romeo Giulia as it was the other one I considered), I put the money down for a new XE facelift/MY20.

I come from a Mazda 6 2.2d (180hp) and will go to the XE is in HSE trim with a load of options added in its P250 guise with Portofino blue with the Light Oyster leather interior and Light Oyster headliner. It'll be my first Jag (having had one Ford Focus before, followed by a few Mazda 6-es). It'll also be my first auto, although I've driven autos before (and obviously test drove the XE a few times) so that's all fine.

Options:
  • Portofino blue
  • Privacy glass
  • Technology Pack (Solar attenuating windscreen, ClearSight rearview mirror, Wireless device charging, Head-up Display)
  • Cold Climate Pack (Heated windscreen, Headlight power wash, Heated steering wheel)
  • 16-way heated and cooled front seats
  • Monogram Aluminium finisher
  • Satin Chrome gearshift paddles
  • Meridian 825W Surround Sound system
  • 40:20:40 folding rear sits with armrest
  • 360 surround camera
It'll be a long few months ahead waiting :)

The car configurator pictures as follows:

Screenshot 2019-08-15 at 14.37.58.png

Screenshot 2019-08-15 at 14.44.30.png

Screenshot 2019-08-15 at 14.44.38.png

Ordered: XE HSE P250 Portofino Blue + Technology Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Light Oyster interior, Light Oyster headliner, heated and cooled seats, Monogram finisher, Privacy glass, gearshift paddles, Meridian 825W, 40:20:40, 360 Camera

Rob Wright

Re: Ordered a facelift XE P250

Post by Rob Wright » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:42 pm

Welcome, and what a great choice!

The time will pass quickly....not ;)
Corris Grey 25D AWD R-Sport

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:12 pm

Welcome to the forum. I also ordered a P250, albeit the S variant and in a less lavish specification. Same exterior paint and interior trim coulourway, however I went for the more traditional ash burr veneer.
Ordered: P250 S; Portofino Blue; Lt Oyster Windsor Lthr Seats with Ebony/Lt Oyster interior; 16-way electric dr mem fr seats; Style 1048 wheels; Gloss Ash Burr Veneer; Heated steering wheel; 380W Meridan System; Spare wheel; Rubber mats

Incarniac

Post by Incarniac » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:32 pm

Thanks both :)

Nice combination, Stephen, good luck with the car!

Yes, it is a bit of a lavish spec :)

Some further random background:

Got a good deal that I was happy with, and I do drive a lot to and from work. I spent some time debating with myself whether to stick with a diesel (which makes perfect sense with my mileage, mostly on motorways or dual carriageways) or go with petrol. In the end, it'll cost me more in fuel, but felt the P250 was more of a fun drive when I wanted some of that; and for this one I wanted to add some additional fun to it.

The Mazda 6 gives you a lot of kit for the money, and to match up to what I wanted I had to add quite a few options on the Jag. Ultimately though, I get more tech (than the Mazda 6), an excellent drive (a step up from an already very good Mazda 6) with some more fun to boot when wanted in a car that looks fantastic.

I also debated to go for the Firenze red or the Portofino blue. I have the Mazda in Crystal Soul Red, which is an amazing deep red, and wasn't too sure if the Firenze would 'match it' - but I also wanted a change in colour at any rate.
Ordered: XE HSE P250 Portofino Blue + Technology Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Light Oyster interior, Light Oyster headliner, heated and cooled seats, Monogram finisher, Privacy glass, gearshift paddles, Meridian 825W, 40:20:40, 360 Camera

LesW

Post by LesW » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:46 pm

Better start saving for the VED for the next 5 years
XE R-Sport (11 March) Polaris White, Meridian, Space saver,19 Venom, Keyless, 14 way memory, Folding seat, Black, Panoramic, Parking and Cold Pack
XE R-Sport 180 (replaced nearly everything) XF Face lift XF pre face lift X type face lift X type estate

Rob Wright

Post by Rob Wright » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:58 pm

LesW wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:46 pm
Better start saving for the VED for the next 5 years

Monthly DD eases the pain! :D
Corris Grey 25D AWD R-Sport

LesW

Post by LesW » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:20 pm

It's a RIP off once you cross the £40k list price
XE R-Sport (11 March) Polaris White, Meridian, Space saver,19 Venom, Keyless, 14 way memory, Folding seat, Black, Panoramic, Parking and Cold Pack
XE R-Sport 180 (replaced nearly everything) XF Face lift XF pre face lift X type face lift X type estate

Incarniac

Post by Incarniac » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:57 pm

Not actually sure which VED band it'll fall in as I'm not sure what counts as the list price (it's not the full OTR price), but even so I accounted for the next band up and decided it's a relatively negligible cost of owning a car :)

LesW

Post by LesW » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:34 pm

The VED changes with the additional payments once the list price of the car exceeds 40k. The first year VED and registration fee is excluded. So if the list is over 40k second, third, fourth and fifth year you have to pay 140 plus the additional Ved which takes each year to over 400. List price it at 39999 you only pay 140 per year. So a 100 extra could end up costing another 1200 over the first 5 years. RIP off Britain

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:46 pm

Good choice, I especially like the interior which is similar to my first XF. That had ivory/oyster/walnut with aluminium and I think it was the most tasteful interior I have seen.

We have a lot of your specs including tech pack, surround sound, and monogram aluminium finisher and are very, very happy with the car. It really is the nicest interior since...well, the first XF.

What made you go Jag over Guilia? Both seem to be driver oriented.
2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze lotsa goodies incl RWD!
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements
Gone but still loved - 2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR

Return to “Introductions”