Need color code of light oyster side trim panels

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
agatti

Need color code of light oyster side trim panels

Post by agatti » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:42 am

Hi everyone,

after introducing myself in the new members section, I wanted to go off and ask for your help.

I need to attach a phone holder to a side trim panel of my XE Prestige. The holder is painted black, and I want to paint them the same color of the interiors. The upholstery of the car is "Light Oyster".

Does any of you happen to know the RAL or RGB color code of the side trim panels when the upholstery is "Light Oyster" like mine ?

Many thanks in advance !

Kind Regards,

AG

mdem

Re: Need color code of light oyster side trim panels

Post by mdem » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:43 am

There are smartphone apps that will give you the RGB values just by pointing the camera at the item. I don’t know how accurate they are but it may be worth a try.
MY2017 XE S, Dark Sapphire, Propellor wheels, Adaptive cruise control, Sunroof, Climate front seats, Heated rear seats, ICT Pro, Meridian 825W, Carbon fibre mirror covers and side vents, 40/20/40 rear seats, Perforated Taurus leather sports seats.

agatti

Re: Need color code of light oyster side trim panels

Post by agatti » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:08 am

mdem wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:43 am
There are smartphone apps that will give you the RGB values just by pointing the camera at the item. I don’t know how accurate they are but it may be worth a try.
Hi mdem, you're 100% right. And this will be my very last resort, but I'm a bit concerned with that, because the values they produce are greately influenced by the brightness of the item you're pointing at, and a shaded portion or a very illuminated one give you pretty different results.

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”