Ad Blue Incorrect Quality and 512 mile Warning

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
Rob Wright

Re: Ad Blue Incorrect Quality and 512 mile Warning

Post by Rob Wright » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:40 pm

No need to panic just yet!

The 180 engine has a 16l DEF tank and the first low level warning should come on with 1500 miles of range left. This means in theory that you had about 3l left so adding 10l keeps you comfortably under the total capacity.

163 engines have a 9l tank so extreme care needs to be taken when adding DEF to these.

I think if you're DIY filling, then aiming for 75% full is a precautionary maximum.
Caesium Blue 30T AWD Portfolio '17 plate, ICTP, Meridian Surround, and lots more! :D

Previously a 25D R-sport.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:44 am

I have had my car 4 1/2 years and just topped it up myself from a 10 litre tub to a 1 litre Redex Adblu bottle which stops overfill when the tank is full it stops filling. It also has a filter built into the discharge spout. Bad storage and age can make this go off but I have used the same bottle over 4 years and have recently opened another bottle (10 Ltrs). I may be wrong but I think that Europe only has 2 Adblue production plants in Germany and Belgium. ( That was from something I read, I think. No doubt someone will either confirm or put me right)
180 diesel XE R Sport auto, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

gsb1970

Post by gsb1970 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:00 am

Thanks for the reasurance guys!
R-sport 180D Ammonite Grey,jet-red interior.

Boults1

Post by Boults1 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:52 pm

Hi all

Any help wpuld be great. I have a XE 2ltr 2015 Rsport. Had it around 6 months now. I had the incorrect deisel fluid quality detected eorror around 4 weeks ago. Took it back to Jag who softwear updated it and cleared the error as well as cleaning the injector/sensor. Driving it last night it came back on after putting it in normal mode due to driving it down the motorway (normally in echo) its getting really annoying as i do a fair amount of miles and really dont need it back in the garage all the time. Anyone got any other ideas tocwhat it could be or to point me in the right direction? Jag replaced all the Ad Blu so know its the correct quality
Thanks

mrb

Post by mrb » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:41 pm

I had to take mine back 3 times to Jag main dealer after they topped it up for me. The first time they cleaned, reset and put new fluid in, second time it was a pump and the final time they put a new sensor in the exhaust system. It was under warranty the first time, the second time it was 2 months out of warranty but they did it at no cost, the third time it was 4 months out of warranty but they knocked 80% off so I paid £95. I hope this helps. It's now 2.5 months later and seems ok.
2017 MY R-Sport AWD XE with ACC, Configurable Dynamics, etc, etc. Previous Jags: XJ6 series 2, XJ X350, XFS Portfolio.

Boults1

Post by Boults1 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:38 pm

Ok thank you. Looking more likely its the exhaust sensor its booked in for this week so will keep updated
Thank you

darrenbailey2008

Post by darrenbailey2008 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:48 am

Waste.Of.Time. - Next stop Trading Standards

RE:00092219/Service and Repair – Business not accredited

Your Email ID Number is in the email’s subject line. This number must be included in all future emails to avoid creating duplicate cases, which will delay us handling your dispute. Where possible, replying to this email will ensure any correspondence and attachments are allocated to your case.

Thank you for getting in touch with The Motor Ombudsman and we apologise for the delay in responding - we appreciate you being so patient with our service.

For us to be able to look into a complaint, the business involved has to be accredited to one or more of our Codes of Practice. That’s what gives us the authority to investigate your case, make a decision and, if needs be, enforce that decision. We’d love to be able to help everyone that contacts us - however, the business you’re complaining about isn’t accredited to any of our Codes, so on this occasion, we won’t be able to take this any further and have closed the enquiry.

It’s worth asking the business if they’re willing to engage in alternative dispute resolution – the process used to resolve things outside of the courtroom – and, if so, who they’d like to use.

We’d also recommend getting in touch with Citizens Advice, as they’ll be able to help you understand your legal rights and give you some guidance on your next steps. You can call them on 0345 404 0506 or visit their website here. And, if you do end up having to take this to court, you can use this email to show that you’ve tried to resolve it without involving a judge.

We’re really sorry we can’t help you this time.

Kind regards,

Consumer Contact Team
The Motor Ombudsman Limited
www.themotorombudsman.org

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:31 am

I did say that they were as useful as an ash tray on a motorbike as they only have garages that have signed up with them.
180 diesel XE R Sport auto, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Inpher

Post by Inpher » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:01 pm

There are other ombudsman services (financial ombudsman) out there which may be able to help if you bought the car on finance or paid a deposit for it on a credit card. They are not the quickest though.
2015 XE S in Italian Racing Red

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”