Another newbie

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ampthill Hatter

Another newbie

Post by Ampthill Hatter » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:27 am

Bought my XE R Sport 25t in Bluefire last November (16 plate) and it still makes me smile just looking at it!
Thought it time I finally joined the forum as I've been loitering on here for a few months gleaming info from you guys.
2016 XE R Sport 25t in Bluefire. Lots of extras including black pack, split folding rear seats, spare wheel etc :D

PhilB

Re: Another newbie

Post by PhilB » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:58 am

Welcome aboard.
Lot's of accrued knowledge on here from owners since 2015.
:D
2019 Evoque P300 HSE, Carpathian Grey.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

daytona.6man

Post by daytona.6man » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:02 pm

Good evening everyone
Recently joined the ranks of XE ownership with a white XES bought from Jaguar Woodford. I had one on hire three years ago when I turned 60 as a birthday treat for myself and decided back then to own one at some point. She is everything I hoped for. Fast, agile but comfortable (a neat trick), understated sultry looks (I always glance back when I walk away) and surprising economy. You don't have to be going for it to appreciate the effortless nature of having three litres under the bonnet. I am sure to have questions as ownership progresses and after perusing this forum reckon this is the place to find the answers. Photos will be forthcoming when I have had a chance to clean her.

RalphieM

Post by RalphieM » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:22 am

Can I ask how long ago ?
If it was approx 5 weeks back then you beat me to that car by only a few hours, Grange Barnet were on their way over to collect it when you stepped in.
Hope you enjoy it.
MY18 Dark Sapphire R-Sport 250, Black Pack, Heated Screen, Heated Steering Wheel, Dual Screen ICT Pro, TFT Cluster, Meridian surround sound,19" Sparkle Silver 5071's, Ebony/Light Oyster, Adaptive & Configurable dynamics.

daytona.6man

Post by daytona.6man » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:43 pm

Hi Ralphie
It was Saturday the 14th September. I'll be honest and say that this month I have been so busy at that she has sat in the garage for most of the time.
Hoping for some decent weather to take her out for a blast. Have it in my head to do a road trip next month up to Elvington and the Yorkshire Air Museum (a place I have always wanted to visit). I have some big assignments to get out of the way first. Apologies for stepping in on your possible purchase. I have been aching to get one for a while and when I sold my classic Mini at the end of August it finally gave me the wherewithal to do it.
Perhaps we can meet up on one of these Jaguar do's sometime.

RalphieM

Post by RalphieM » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:25 am

That's cool, apologies accepted 😊, I am very happy with the car I finally found as deep down I always wanted a blue one with two tone interior and most important to me was the ICT Pro.
Where are you based ? and, yes, meeting up sometime sounds like a plan.
MY18 Dark Sapphire R-Sport 250, Black Pack, Heated Screen, Heated Steering Wheel, Dual Screen ICT Pro, TFT Cluster, Meridian surround sound,19" Sparkle Silver 5071's, Ebony/Light Oyster, Adaptive & Configurable dynamics.

Return to “Introductions”