Incontrol journey fault?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Vespa

Re: Incontrol journey fault?

Post by Vespa » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:24 am

I did try not to but thought it impolite not to answer.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:33 am

Vespa wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:24 am
I did try not to but thought it impolite not to answer.
:lol:
Yes, I know.
It's a bit like an old war wound that gives you gyp once in a while.
:D
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

HoratioAlgerIII

Post by HoratioAlgerIII » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:26 am

So, I've had the lost journeys issue and I'm still missing a week or so's worth. No biggie, but as part of my attempts to fix it, i upgraded to v2.0 (Android) which doesn't list the missing journeys either. So, Jaguar server probs.

However. I've noticed that v2.0's journeys don't always match those listed in v1.8. My first journey most days is the same and it's always been listed as 4.0miles. V2.0 reports the same journey as 3.9miles, v1.8 still says it's 4.0. Today, that journey was 3.8miles in v2.0. It seems that then recording of the journey doesn't start until after I set off - the starting point is recorded as a couple hundred metres from the actual start. Anyone else experienced this? It's not a problem for me but might be for those who use the journey festure for expenses reconciliation and similar.
2016 XE-S, Italian Racing Red. Faster'n a speedin' bullet. :o

Mikeyjd

Post by Mikeyjd » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:01 pm

The frustrating thing about the journeys going off line occasionally, is that whilst it is handy to keep a track of your journeys, more importantly is the security aspect. If the car's location is lost, what happens if the car is stolen? Can it still be tracked?

This is something that many owners pay for. OK mine was free when I bought the car, but after a couple of years I will have to decide if I want to renew the features. We all know that technology can have the occasional blip, but I was affected twice in the last week or so, and my car was for all intents and purposes "lost". From reading the forums it appears this isn't exactly a rare occurance.
2018MY R Sport. 250D AWD. Corris Grey - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, Folding Rear Seats, plus loads of extras.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:26 pm

My latest view of this showed my car had been stolen and the tracker was activated. It was sat on the driveway and there is no active tracker. There were no journeys available on the PC. On checking the phone app (old version) it took ages to move from log in to the pages that were updating. The vehicle location could not be found but was showing as on my driveway. No journeys recorded. Then an update again and still unable to locate vehicle position. Lo and behold all journeys now visible. Logged out. I then went to the new version and there were connection problems. Fine, at least I know. Another try and still the same, so back to the old version. All up the spout again. Back to the new version, with several minutes break and nothing. Back to the PC. All OK now here with my theft removed. Back to the phone and both now OK. What the hell is going on?
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:11 pm

It was working fine for me earlier, but it looks like the server has fallen off the perch....

Both the web version and the android apps are timing out and generally getting confused when trying to connect :roll:
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:24 pm

As you were... :lol:

It is back up and running now, although it doesn't seem to know where my first journey of the day was, despite the fact that I started from home, and it knew where I started my second trip of the day from.

Ah, the life of a software beta tester!
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:15 pm

Stolen again today and the thief looked 100% like me and even parked it back on my drive. I never noticed it missing. :lol: :lol:

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”