InControl Touchpro Download Tool

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
AlexR

InControl Touchpro Download Tool

Post by AlexR » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:57 pm

Hi. First post to the forum but I have been a lurker since getting my new E-Pace in March and have been helped on a couple of issues, so thanks to all.
This seems a pathetic problem and I hate having to ask but...
I want to download map updates. I have a HERE account and have associated my vehicle to it. I go into Maps & Services and it shows that the 'Europe and Russia' map is available to me until March 22. I click on 'Get Latest Version' then 'Download Map'. A pop up tells me I need to install the InControl Touchpro Download Tool. I click on Download and Install. I am on an OS X v10.11.6. MapDownloader_installer_mac_offline is downloaded. I open it, the wizard opens. I click on install. I get the following: "Preparing the installation... Installing component Map Downloader for Mac OSX... Extracting "2.1.0MapDownloader.app.7z" Done. Writing maintenance tool. Installation finished!"
I click done to exit the wizard.
All so far so good.
So I re-click on 'Download Map' and it just goes back to telling me to download the tool. I have now been round this loop a half dozen times. And I can't find the tool anywhere in my applications folder. Anyone able to help me?

147daytona

Re: InControl Touchpro Download Tool

Post by 147daytona » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:56 pm

Welcome to our XE forum, I'm not sure if your E-Pace is the same but I have a Windows computer and once the download program had been installed, it automatically opens every time I click on a map to download. Sorry but I'm not sure by how much a Mac differs.
MY17 240 R-Sport, IRR, Black Pack, Park Pack, Cold Climate Pack, 19" Twin 5 Spokes, Jet/Red Interior, 10 Way + Lumbar, Split Rear Seat, ICT Pro, Illuminated Tread Plates, Configurable Mood Lighting, Alloy Paddles & Pedals, Homelink, Spare Wheel.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:28 am

Hopefully someone with a Mac will be along soon.
On windows the downloader is sitting in my downloads folder and when I go for a new download it still briefly says I have to upload it but then it loads the actual map download screen and asks which memory stick I want to use.
I have found it seems to work better if the memory stick is in place before starting any download procedures.
Latest map (101) needs nearly 33GB of space so a 32GB stick wont work.
I bought a USB 3, 64GB stick but it needs to be formatted from ExFat which it came with to FAT32 which I believe you can do on a MAC.
On windows you have to use external software from the web.
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

colonie

Post by colonie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:10 pm

On 10.14.6 here. Did it a year ago just like you wrote and it just works as intended. When I click on Download I get a popup that asks if this site is allowed to open "MapDownloader", clicking yes it opens "MapDownloader" and I can choose my USB stick. So I can't really help you I guess :|

mdem

Post by mdem » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:45 pm

Hi,

Same here. I’ve been using an iMac to do this for several years now and it has never caused a problem. You are correct in saying that the application does not appear in your applications folder. You could try going through your library folder and manually deleting the related files and then trying the whole process again from scratch.
MY2017 XE S, Dark Sapphire, Propellor wheels, Adaptive cruise control, Sunroof, Climate front seats, Heated rear seats, ICT Pro, Meridian 825W, Carbon fibre mirror covers and side vents, 40/20/40 rear seats, Perforated Taurus leather sports seats.

colonie

Post by colonie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:43 pm

On my Mac the tool is in the application folder:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-10 um 22.42.53.png

AlexR

Post by AlexR » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:19 pm

Thanks for the comments, folks. I'm assuming it must be something in my iMac setup. I guess I'll have to try upgrading the OS to see if that helps, something I should have done a while ago but for the other software on there that I know will stop working... :roll:
Or I'll just have to log onto a friend's computer. Unfortunately work won't let me shove my USB in their's. Hey ho.

colonie

Post by colonie » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:20 pm

Try using a VM with Windows 10 for it. Or use Bootcamp. But a VM with something like VirtualBox would be the easiest way.

AlexR

Post by AlexR » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:51 am

So just to close this off, I think I have the answer; thanks again for your thoughts and suggestions.
Although elsewhere in the website it says that the Mapdownloader tool works on OS X 10.10 and later, I did finally find where the system had tucked the application on my iMac and opened it from there, and I got a pop up box saying that the application only works on OS X 10.12 or later. I am still on OS X 10.11. So I'll either have to bite the bullet and update my OS (which will force me to update some other software), see if I can find an earlier version of the tool out there on the web that may still work or use someone else's machine for the download. I know which of those sounds easiest to me, so at least I have an explanation and an option.
Thanks again.
Alex

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”