High mileage Jag XE

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Ming

High mileage Jag XE

Post by Ming » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:10 am

Hi guys,

Have been looking around for a used Jag XE and am very tempted to take the jump. However the car in question has done 80k miles in 3 years and I haven't owned a diesel or Jag before. Would like to seek fellow XE brothers' expert advice on what to expect if I go for it. Do help me out please! Appreciate it.

EyePeaSea

Re: High mileage Jag XE

Post by EyePeaSea » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:31 am

Hi,

Same spec as my car (although I've just posted about the engine blowing up - but don't let that put you off).

If it's done 80k miles in 3 years, that's going to be lots of motorway miles and I've always been told that type of driving stresses the engine a lot less than half the miles if done stop/go round town. So as a driver (but definitely not an expert), I would assume 80k shouldn't put you off.

However, at 3 years, it's about to go out of warranty. So, has it got full dealership servicing and would you take out an extended warranty ?
2016 Jaguar XE Portfolio - Racing Red

Groningen

Re: High mileage Jag XE

Post by Groningen » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:59 pm

I consider 80k still running in.
Engine wise, it’s nothing. Otherwise, Jaguar has done a really bad job. Brakes, tires, and suspension should be checked.
I have a car that has 300k, and it still runs like a champion. It’s all about how you use it and maintenance.
2017 Jaguar XE R-sport 163 diesel. Ultimate black.