Blind spot warning system

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Craigdm

Blind spot warning system

Post by Craigdm » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:57 pm

Stopped working on my way home tonight, seems suspicious as last night someone reversed into my rear nearside in the staff carpark.

It was enough to crack the light lens and I had agreed that the guy could just buy my a new one, however I'm guessing this failure is somehow linked so maybe I should let the insurance companies take over...

Thoughts please... I'm guessing the system has some sensors hidden behind the bumper which are separate from the parking ones.
2016MY XE 180 R-Sport. Lovely in Blue with Black Pack.

Gojira

Re: Blind spot warning system

Post by Gojira » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:42 pm

From what I can find, there is a blind spot monitoring module behnd the bumper on each rear corner...

Given what JLR charge for bits, I'd talk to insurance.

Very best of luck!
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

Rob Wright

Post by Rob Wright » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:11 pm

Yep, there's a module in both rear corners I'm afraid.
Corris Grey 25D AWD R-Sport '67 plate currently. Caesium Blue 30T AWD Portfolio '17 plate shortly.

Craigdm

Post by Craigdm » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:13 pm

Actually started working when I came out of the gym, then failed again when I got close to home.

Wondering if it's just become dislodged and a good auto electrician might be able to fix it.

I really don't want to get involved with insurance companies!
2016MY XE 180 R-Sport. Lovely in Blue with Black Pack.

Mikeyjd

Post by Mikeyjd » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:01 pm

I am sorry to say that if I had some damage done to my car and the other party wants to settle without getting their insurance company involved, I would decline and insist on getting it done properly. Any repairs should then be guaranteed and if other issues are discovered during the repair, the insurance company should sort that out too.
2018MY R Sport. 250D AWD. Corris Grey - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, Folding Rear Seats, plus loads of extras.

Wickster

Post by Wickster » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:04 am

Craigdm mine was the same what happens it bends the cradle that the module sits in,mine also needed a new drain duct that was broke water in boot syndrome £400/500 it cost at jag to fix hope this helps

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”