Question: Anyone have custom R-Sport Illuminated Tread Plates?

All Jaguar XE related discussions
First Jag-g-g

Question: Anyone have custom R-Sport Illuminated Tread Plates?

Post by First Jag-g-g » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:27 pm

After searching previous potential topic threads with followup private messaging, I was unsuccessful in getting a definitive answer. Thus, I'm creating this new topic ...

I have a 2019 XE R-Sport 30t AWD (https://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8792) and was thinking of swapping to illuminated tread plates. I wanted to potentially buy custom "R-Sport" versus standard "Jaguar" illuminate tread plates. I'd literally want the font and style of the OEM R-Sport solid metal tread plates done as LED.

Question: Has anyone heard or seen anyone who has already done so? If yes, I would greatly appreciate a pic of the same with any supporting ordering information and a Point of Contact.

Thanks in advance,
First Jag-g-g
2019 Jaguar XE R-Sport 30t AWD, Caldera Red, Ebony/Ebony Interior, Comfort & Convenience, Black Pack, 19" Black Rims, Smart Phone Pack

147daytona

Re: Question: Anyone have custom R-Sport Illuminated Tread Plates?

Post by 147daytona » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:22 pm

I have the illuminated tread plates on my R-Sport but they say Jaguar, I've not seen any illuminated ones that say R-Sport.
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

First Jag-g-g

Post by First Jag-g-g » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:43 pm

Yup, I am looking to see if anyone has paid the big $ number for an OEM custom made illuminated tread plate set from JLR that says R- Sport. If you look at JLR XE accessories, you'll see they offer a custom word option for an extravagant price. I'd like to see if they would do R-Sport in the right font and size with badge on my non-illuminated metal ones.
2019 Jaguar XE R-Sport 30t AWD, Caldera Red, Ebony/Ebony Interior, Comfort & Convenience, Black Pack, 19" Black Rims, Smart Phone Pack

First Jag-g-g

Post by First Jag-g-g » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:37 am

While COVID has been creating havoc across the world with resulting negative economic impacts, it also dramatically reduced Service Department work at my local Jaguar Dealer. So much so that the Dealer was offering 25% both Parts and Labor for anything you wanted done. Then they sent me a $50 voucher as an added incentive to visit them. Thus, I recently took the plunge as swapped out my non-illuminated metal R-Sport treadplates for the illuminated Jaguar treadplates for a total cost of about US $550. They look great!