Starting Up " or not as the case maybe"

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
Deleted User 5127

Re: Starting Up " or not as the case maybe"

Post by Deleted User 5127 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:56 pm

So is double locking good or bad? I always double lock.

EDIT, just to add, Jaguars are really fickle when it comes to battery voltage, a low volt situation can manifest itself in many different glitches, I would say battery is shot

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:18 pm

Repairman wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:31 pm
interesting note about double locking Vespa, I left mine unlocked by mistake overnight and the % charged actually went up. how does that work
????? ask JLR I have't a clue. The whole range seems to have many foibles. :lol: :lol:
180 diesel XE R Sport auto, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Stevie XE

Post by Stevie XE » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:20 pm

Vespa wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:53 pm
Buy one of the Lidl chargers that are similar to the CTek chargers. If you live in a street that you have to have the car on the road then just sit in it with something to entertain you so nobady messes with it. Otherwise connect the earth -ve, to a stud in the boot and the +ve direct to the battery. At 5 amps you are looking at 16 hours from flat.
Its currently showing 78%......👍

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:48 am

I have been thinking about leaving the car unlocked and maybe all systems are put to sleep. Single lock macy leave some systems running and double locking may shut all systems down with the exception of the alarm. With all the modules in the car they must have interconnecting timed shutdowns.
180 diesel XE R Sport auto, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Faltwen

Post by Faltwen » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:53 am

Mine is single locked all time at home. It often sits for 2 weeks at a time but mostly 4-5 days.
On another note. The stop/start still works within a couple of miles.
2016 Jaguar XE Prestige 20T in Bluefire.
Parking pack fitted but not used.
S/S still working on original battery!
Did have two X Types, a 2.5L then a 2.2L Auto.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:55 am

I am just trying to find the info on the double locking from my files but cannot find them at present. Perhaps JLR have altered it on later cars because of battery drainage.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:11 am

This is part of it.............. At present I cannot find the double locking item. It has been mentioned on here in the past with references I think.