I hate the surviving dinosaurs!

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Gojira

I hate the surviving dinosaurs!

Post by Gojira » Sat May 23, 2020 6:03 pm

And not just because the really big ones might provide competition... :lol:

I looked out the window about an hour ago, and for a change the local sparrows had been using the XE for strafing practice, rather than the seagulls :roll:

I'd caught it fairly quickly - it was reasonably clean when I went shopping lunchtime, so it wasn't difficult to get it shifted.

But.

There's always a but, isn't there?

While I was cleaning the windscreen, I found a very small chip on the passenger side, possibly from a loose chipping where I got passed on a freshly resurfaced dual carriageway by an AMG-badged C-class last week :evil:

So, I rang my insurance company, and Autoglass are coming round on Friday to try and repair it.

I must say, I was reasonably impressed with the speed, as I'd had all the "We are busier than usual, and are giving priority to key workers" spiel, and had admitted to being a retired IT guy who really doesn't count as a key worker.

We'll see what happens, but I can't get too cross at the little flying s**tbags, as without them I might not have spotted the chip until it had spread more!

(To explain the subject, a sparrow is chronologically and anatomically closer to a T-Rex than a T-Rex is to a Stegosaurus! :lol: )
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

BRC

Re: I hate the surviving dinosaurs!

Post by BRC » Sun May 24, 2020 9:37 am

Just be grateful the sparrow wasn't the size of it ancestral relations! :o
XE Portfolio now replaced by an XF R Sport and a Z4 garage queen!

Dendip

Post by Dendip » Sun May 24, 2020 10:07 am

Blow said the farmer wiping his eye, " I'm glad my cows can't fly"
XES 340. IRR with Black/White interior. Previous: S Type SE and XF Portfolio. All a delight to own!

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Sun May 24, 2020 10:23 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sun May 24, 2020 10:34 am

A chap was out in a field with his 12 bore shooting pheasants when a priest was passing and could hear him swearing. "I heard you swear when you missed" said the Priest " God will strike you down with a thunderbolt if you persist" BANG BANG! " Bloody hell, missed again" said the man The priest warned him again, "God will strike you down with a thunderbolt for swearing" BANG BANG! " Bloody hell missed again" Then there was an almighty crash bang from the heavens and the priest was incinerated by a large thunderbolt. A voice from the heavens said, "Bloody hell, missed again" :lol: :lol:
180 diesel XE R Sport auto, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Chas379

Post by Chas379 » Sun May 24, 2020 10:49 am

I have claimed on my Alloy Wheel insurance to have a couple of kerbing issues repaired. All details taken and tentative appointment made to effect the repairs. However date given was late Oct. but when things change date will be brought forward. The repair staff are not carrying out this type of work at the moment.
XE 2.0 T/C Petrol 250ps R Dynamic S

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sun May 24, 2020 10:52 am

Chas379 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:49 am
I have claimed on my Alloy Wheel insurance to have a couple of kerbing issues repaired. All details taken and tentative appointment made to effect the repairs. However date given was late Oct. but when things change date will be brought forward. The repair staff are not carrying out this type of work at the moment.
It seems rather silly that they cannot do it as the car will not have you in it at the time. My dealer is now operating for most things except sales but on a strict time allocated appointment scheme.
180 diesel XE R Sport auto, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Chas379

Post by Chas379 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:07 pm

Vespa wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:52 am
It seems rather silly that they cannot do it as the car will not have you in it at the time. My dealer is now operating for most things except sales but on a strict time allocated appointment scheme.
I know. The Insurance Co. deal with AutoGlass for this is one of their, many now, talents. They come to the house, erect a Gazebo I drive the car under the canopy and have no other involvement.😷
XE 2.0 T/C Petrol 250ps R Dynamic S

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sun May 24, 2020 12:35 pm

They should wear full NASA spacesuits to approach such a simple outside jobs and decontaminate the car fully in quarantine for 2 weeks. :lol: :lol: